GOT themes music

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

A trip to Parrys - Food walk with a difference

Food walk with a difference



 
Last evening, after all my food friends ditched me for a parrys corner evening plan. I set alone on the sububran train. I noticed two young chaps (Speaking marathi) were carefully noting down each station's name on a piece of paper. I knew they were trying to remember it for their next visit. I voluntarily tried to help them and gave the names of the ensuing stations and more details about how to get around the places. I could see the happiness on their face, and I thought I should do more. I decided, that they would be my stranger friends who I would take on a food walk. Quickly found them a budget lodge near central and we continued towards mint street,
First stop was Seena bhai dosai kadai, got them both the hot, crispy, spicy oothappam and they were thoroughly impressed.The chutneys were super hot but loved it
Next stop was kakada ramprasad (where i bought my fav sev, rabdi, and badam milk) had a ghatiya with radish masala.
Then moved into Agarwal bhavan for some spl bombay halwa, suryakala (Sweet), and samosa. All these are always consistent in taste and quality.
Happy tummy and happy strangers with the food walk and hospitality. All this while these guys insisted on me taking money but I didn't. They must have been thinking why is he extra nice to us?, is he going to trick us into something, or is he gay, etc.. To cash in on that thought, I dropped them at their lodge and said "that would be 500/- per head for whatever you ate". The look on their face "priceless". I snapped it by saying I was just kidding
Hope I changed the perception about Chennaiites as their brothers had warned them that there would very few speaking Hindi and are not helpful
With a big laugh, bid them adieu and returned home.

No comments:

Post a Comment