GOT themes music

Thursday, September 3, 2015

Wangs Kitchen - Mugappair

Wangs Kitchen

Mugappair Main road, Mugaappair

Hot afternoon with some important work to be done around that area, friend and I decided to have a quick lunch. Both were famished and knowing well we had lunch ready at home still decided to go ahead with Wangs

Ambiance: Red theme reminiscent of all Chinese restos you would have visited. This was no different except they played some melodious Chinese music which transported  you to the dragon land as you can see from the below pic. He was swooning to it while waiting for the starters to arrive. The air-conditioning was not enough as the Sun was scorching from the west-side where we were seated.


Food: Love Chinese any time of the day and the option was between Cascade and Wangs on the same road. I like Cascade for their consistency an have been there many times. What attracted me to Wangs was their offers on cards. I wanted to know what the deal was all about and we "entered the dragon"

Dragon Chicken 269/-: The moment the dish arrived, I felt something was a miss and realized there weren't any cashew nuts (the very reason I ordered for it). When I called up the steward to point it out, he tried to justify it saying, cashew might have been made into a paste and added. I then showed him the menu card and explained how it is cooked in other restos where I have eaten. By then he had dolled out 75% of it into our plates. He now takes the 25% and adds inconspicuous bits of cashew to it and let us do the searching. Was too hungry to make a fuss about it again

Phuket fish 279/-: The quintessential dark soy sauce or fish sauce and the flavor was missing. It was pretty similar to dragon chicken expect for the sweetness. I have had better ones is all I can say.
Rice bowl 90/- : Veg fried rice with four cubes of chicken cooked in the same ingredients as the above two but in a  gravy form. A very filling portion

Verdict: The only reprieve was that we had was a 50% off on starters on Monday and that saved us in a way.
Wangs - head in for some chin(ese) music and few food surprises

No comments:

Post a Comment